Terms and Conditions
- It is mandatory for all students to have a valid U.A.E. residence visa to study at BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus (BPDC).
- If parent or guardian cannot sponsor the student or if the student is a non-resident of UAE, then BPDC can facilitate U.A.E. Student Residence Visa (visa) through Dubai Knowledge Park (DKP) and Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) subject to the submission and approval of necessary documents given in the student residence visa application form (visa form) rules & regulations of BPDC and Government of UAE (Govt). DKP is the visa sponsor as they are providing the visa to the students. As a facilitator, BPDC only co-ordinates between DKP and students for obtaining the student visa.
- The visa is valid for one year and is subsequently renewable every year. The issue of fresh visa and renewal of visa are subject to the submission of necessary documents and as per rules and regulations of BPDC, DKP, DIAC, Department of Naturalization & Residency Dubai (DNRD), Ministry of Health (MOH) and Govt. BPDC is not responsible for any delay or non issuance of new visa or rejection of visa renewal by the Govt.
- The rules & regulations regarding conditions for visa issuance of DNRD / MOH may change from time to time.
- The mandatory documents as mentioned in the visa form should be submitted on or before the scheduled date by the Administration and/or Admissions Department or at least 8 weeks before the actual visa expiry date of already stamped visa in the passport.
- Students are responsible for fines, if any, in case of submission of invalid documents or non submission of required documents or late submission of required documents, delaying the visa medical and related formalities after the duly scheduled by DHA / Emirates ID Authority / Institute.
- Valid Health Insurance is mandatory. Students are required to undergo a medical examination as prescribed by MOH / DNRD in the specified Govt. hospitals after their arrival in UAE to stamp the multiple entry visa in their passport. The medical examination and the related process usually take 6 – 9 weeks. If any student is declared medically unfit by MOH/DNRD, his/her residence visa will not be stamped / renewed and the student should leave the country immediately after canceling the visa.
- After the visa stamping in the passport, student can travel outside UAE any number of times with the prior approval of BPDC.
- Student should not stay outside UAE for more than 180 days continuously after the visa is stamped on the passport.
- Visa facilitated by BPDC is for the purpose of education only and students are not permitted to work.
- Student should submit their National ID card (EIDA) while submitting their passport for all visa related transactions.
- Student should notify the Institute at least a month before about the actual expiry of their visa for its renewal accordingly.
- Student is required to pay Dhs. 2,900/-* for fresh visa & related service fee. The amount paid towards fresh visa & related service fee is non-refundable.
- In case of students, who are a resident of U.A.E. on their own visa sponsorship and wish to come under the visa facilitated by the Institute by in-country & local amendment should pay a sum of Dhs. 4,700/-* towards fresh visa and related service charges. In such case, student is required to submit the original passport and visa cancellation paper immediately after cancellation of the existing visa along with all other required documents to process the student visa. Student is responsible for fines, if any, in case of submission of invalid documents or non-submission of required documents or late submission of required documents and delaying the visa medical and related formalities on scheduled date.
- Students should pay a sum of Dhs. 2,150/-* per year towards visa renewal and related service charges.
- All the above visa and related services fee includes Dhs 280/- towards mandatory National Emirates ID (EIDA) Card** issued by Govt. of UAE.
- The visa renewal and related service charges should be paid before applying for subsequent year visa renewal.
- Students must cancel their visa irrespective of the visa validity after completion of the program and / or before leaving the Institute by completing the necessary formalities and fees as indicated by the Administration Dept. of BPDC. The visa cancellation should be done only after submission of the original passport and EIDA card. Students who have stayed outside UAE for more than 180 days continuously are also required to cancel their visa. The visa cancellation can be done only by DKP inside UAE. Failure to do so will result in serious consequences as per rules and regulations of Institute, DKP and Govt. of U.A.E.
- Student should abide by the rules and regulation of the BPDC, DKP, DIAC, DNRD and Govt. of U.A.E. Violation of any laws of U.A.E. by the student may even lead to deportation, for which BPDC is not responsible and the student should bear all the related expenses.
- Cancellation of Entry Permit will take a minimum of 10 to 15 working days.
*All the fee charges as mentioned above for visa & related services are indicative only and or subject to change as per rules and regulations of the Institute, DKP, DIAC, DNRD and Govt of U.A.E.
**For more details regarding National ID Card (EIDA) log on to www.eida.gov.ae
In case of any changes in the personal information provided in the visa form, the student should notify the same to the Administration Department of BPDC immediately.